Saturday, October 1, 2011

A new beginning

I'm not sure what possessed me to do this.

But, after 7 years of working/being a SAHM, I'm back at university. I'm taking a 2 year after degree in education. There are 4 semesters. I'm in my 1st right now. It's the Introductory Professional Term... It's a condensed term (4 classes for 8 weeks) followed by 5 weeks of student teaching.

What an introduction to being back in school. Holy shit! It's like being thrown in the deep end and being expected to remember how to swim perfectly. We've been in class for 31/2 weeks and I have 2 midterms next week. That's right, 2 midterms. I've mostly forgotten how to study, and entirely forgotten how to study boring shit. The assignments aren't too bad. They are kind of like projects at work, but studying is so foreign to me.

It's also exciting. I found out my student teaching placement last night. It's kind of like the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't wait to actually get my feet wet. It's going to be the test to see if I like teaching and if I should continue with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment